Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sun King - Harry Crosby

I exchange eyes with the Mad Queen

the mirror crashes against my face
and bursts into a thousand suns
all over the city flags crackle and bang
fog horns scream in the harbor
the wind hurricanes through the window
and I begin to dance the dance of the
Kurd Shepherds
I stamp upon the floor
I whirl like dervishes
colors revolve dressing and undressing
I lash them with my fury
stark white with iron black
harsh red with blue
marble green with bright orange
and only gold remains naked
columns of steel rise and plunge
emerge and disappear
pistoning in the river of my soul
thrusting upwards
thrusting downwards
thrusting inwards
thrusting outwards
penetrating
I roar with pain
black-footed ferrets disappear into holes
the sun tattooed on my back
begins to spin
faster and faster
whirring whirling
throwing out a glory of sparks
sparks shoot off into space
sparks into shooting stars
shooting stars collide with comets
Explosions
Naked Colors Explode
Into
Red Disaster
I crash out through the
window naked, widespread
upon a
Heliosaurus
I uproot an obelisk and plunge
it into the ink-pot of the
Black Sea
I write the word
SUN
Across the dreary palimpsest
I pour the contents of the
Red Sea down my throat
I erect catapults and
Lay siege to the cities of the world
I scatter violent disorder
Throughout the kingdoms of the wold
I stone the people of the world
I stride over mountains
I pick up oceans like thin cards
And spin them into oblivion
I kick down walled cities
I hurl giant firebrands against governments
I thrust torches through the eyes of the law
I annihilate museums
I demolish libraries
I oblivionize skyscrapers
I become hard as adamant
Indurated in solid fire
Rigid with hatred...
I am the harbinger of a
New Sun World
I bring the Seed of a
New Copulation
I proclaim the Mad Queen
I stamp out cast empires
I crush palaces in my rigid hands
I harden my heart against churches
I blot out cemeteries
I feed the people with stinging nettles
I resurrect madness
I thrust my naked sword
Between the ribs of the world.
I murder the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment